Since the launch of Creator Mode, more than 5.5 million people on LinkedIn around the world have switched on creator mode, tapping into tools like Live Video and Newsletters. LinkedIn has seen a near 50% percent increase in the number of people following creators using the feature and an almost 30% increase in the engagement on the content created by this group.
Today, LinkedIn will announce new tools for creators to help them understand their engagement and further establish their voice and brand.
Knowing how important it is to understand who’s reading and engaging with content on the platform, LinkedIn is giving creators improved ways to measure their impact and learn more about how people are engaging with their content including:
- Enhanced Analytics: Specifically designed to help creators optimise content strategy will be available to anyone on the LinkedIn platform who turns on creator mode. From total impression numbers to engagement statistics, creators can see what’s working and where they may want to change their content strategy.
- Improved individual post analytics: LinkedIn members have always been able to see analytics on posts — but now LinkedIn is adding a new level of detail. Members will see analytics detailed in a summary page, along with more in-depth data like impressions and reshares. This data is available for all post types, whether it’s an article, video, or simple text post.
LinkedIn will also announce more tools to help creators establish their voice and grow their audience including:
- Subscribe Bell: Now creators have a way to help followers never miss an update. A creator’s audience can choose to get alerted via notification whenever they share something new on LinkedIn simply by hitting the “subscribe bell” at the top of their LinkedIn profile.
- New Profile Video Tools: Adding a video to your LinkedIn profile is a great way to authentically share your story. LinkedIn members will now see prompts to help inspire them on what to share in their video as well as metrics for how many people viewed their video. A member’s Profile Video ring will also be showcased in their feed and search so people can easily discover it and learn more about them.
- Featured Newsletters: the ability for creators to showcase their Newsletter in the Featured section of their profile helping people to easily discover and subscribe to it.
With these new tools and features in place, LinkedIn is quickly aligning itself with other content creation platforms and attracting more creators to use it as their native platform.