We will be highlighting the key takeaways from each of the 2020 award categories and recognising the excellent work of our 2020 winners. This will enable you to gather inspiration and insights when preparing your own entries.
In part one of the series, we will be discussing the vertical award highlights and the agency award highlights.
The vertical awards categories and their winners were:
- Best gaming campaign: 160over90 for EA SPORTS FIFA with FIFA 20 World Premiere
- Best food and drink campaign: Collectively for The Absolut Company with Planet Earth’s Favourite Vodka
- Best travel campaign: the projects* for Hotels.com with Not Your Usual #TravelPorn
- Best family and parenting campaign: MSL and Huawei with StorySign
- Best sport and fitness campaign: 160over90 for PUMA with PUMA & Manny UTR FC
- Best fashion and style campaign: rewardStyle for Mytheresa
- Best beauty campaign: Buttermilk for Dior with 67 Shades of Dior
- 160over90 picked up two awards in the vertical category for their work with EA sports FIFA and Puma. Judges said that the team excels in understanding their target audience and anchoring activity around key milestones which is the key to their success.
- In a year where travel was difficult due to the pandemic, the projects* still managed to pull together an award-winning campaign for Hotels.com, which the judges described as a really creative offering. They successfully released 90 posts and stories that generated 4.1 million organic impressions and reached 1.3 million users.
- Championing diversity and inclusivity, Buttermilk agency worked with Dior on their 67 Shades of Dior campaign. The team worked incredibly hard to identify 67 influencers that could match 67 unique foundation shades. Diverse campaigns such as this will continue to become increasingly valuable within the influencer marketing industry.
The agency award categories and their winners were:
- Best large influencer marketing industry: Collectively
- Best boutique influencer marketing agency: Seen Connects
- Collectively won the award in the agency category for the best large influencer marketing industry, they also whisked away the prize for the best food and drink campaign in the vertical award category. With the judges highlighting that the company implements “Good thought leadership credentials and a genuine commitment to improving the reputation of the industry as a whole.”
We are excited to see more work from the woman-owned company as their team continues to expand. Since the awards in 2020, the team at Collectively have announced that they have been acquired by brandtech™ innovator You & Mr Jones and will be joining forces with theAmplify in order to provide an influencer strategy, campaign management, and analytics to further elevate theAmplify’s global community-building expertise.
- Seen Connects took the 2020 award for best boutique influencer marketing agency. Our judges said, “Seen has a strong set of values that understands both the influencer space but also business properties that perfectly combine marketing hype and tangible business results.”
The team at Seen Connects also continues to grow, as they continue to host webinars on hot topics and share valuable reports on the trends they’re noticing in the industry.
If you and your team want the chance to be included in the winner highlight series next year, we suggest downloading the 2021 Entry Kit for more insights and tips.